Friday, April 29, 2011

Cold and Flu Season Be Gone!

Here it is the end of April and our family has nearly escaped cold and flu season unscathed.  Now don't get me wrong we have had a few minor fevers and colds this past season but NOTHING compared to years past. 
Since my first was born, winter has been a season of trips to the ER and hospitalizations for both kids.  Between serious ear infections, flu type bugs and pneumonia we have had our share of illness.  This year has been different.  We had a couple of lingering low grade fevers for both kids and both my hubby and me.  We had lots of sniffles and colds too.  In fact my eldest has had a minor fever and headaches off and on all week.  (Spring is her worst season because her allergies are at their height and her immune system is working hard dealing with that so she's more likely to get sick at this time of year.)  But we have thus far managed to avoid the Norwalk type viruses that have been going around.  No pneumonia and no serious ear infections or flu bugs that involved spewing from various orifices.  I love it! 
We no longer use and chemicals in our home with 1 exception - our dishwasher detergent since our new dishwasher has a stainless interior and the Norwex solution can't be used with stainless steel dishwashers.  We have some 'stuff' out in the garage for that  type of mess but nothing is used inside.  There may be some naysayers who think that chemicals are the only way but 'proof is in the pudding' as they say and my family is healthy.
Although I am still working on the clutter that envelops our lives with 2 young children and a busy work and social calendar, my house is clean.  My kids are healthy and I attribute it to many things but the Norwex is the new thing and I think this year it has made a huge difference for us.  Cleaning is SO much easier that it actually gets done more regularly than it did before Norwex and without chemicals the house is getting cleaner too.  No residue left behind to collect extra dirt and dust.  No chemicals polluting our air.  Surfaces cleaner just using water!  Could it get any better?  I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment